At Alexia-Clark.com (referred to as “us” or “we”), we recognize that your privacy is important. This Policy discloses the privacy practices for the Alexia-clark.com webPlatform, any related apps or software, and any social media content made available by Alexia Clark (collectively, the “Platform”), as well as related products and services we may offer to you (collectively referred to as the “Services”). This Policy also covers how personal and other information that we receive or collect about you is treated. Please read the information below to learn the following regarding your use of the Platform.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at: [email protected]
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE PLATFORM AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS PLATFORM, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE PLATFORM.
1. Types of Information We Collect In order to better provide you with fitness videos and meal plans, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Aggregate Information.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this Platform, such as registering for an account, downloading or purchasing a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in the user forums, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
Examples of PII may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address (including zip code), telephone and facsimile numbers, and other identifying information. When ordering products or services on the Platform, you may be asked to provide a credit card number.
Aggregate Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Platform and what other websites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the Platform you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Platform, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
2. How We Collect and Use Information We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain PII to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Platform. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Platform; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting a form or transmitting other information by telephone or letter; or (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Platform. When processing certain information, such as payment information with affiliated banking institutions or payment processors, we encrypt the transaction, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, in order to prevent your PII from being stolen or intercepted. Additionally, your credit card information is encrypted and stored on a restricted-access database that is away from our main Platform and only accessible by authorized users.
We may also collect or our third party advertising partners may collect, certain Aggregate Information. For example, we may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Platform and to gather demographic information. Our third party advertising partners may also provide us with aggregate, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at out Platform.
We may also use an outside advertising partner to display banner advertisements on our Platform. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party advertising partners with any of your PII or information about your purchases. We and our third party ad server will collect and use Aggregate Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Platform in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any PII to them.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Platform may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies.
4. Release of Information We will not sell, trade, or rent your PII to others. We do provide some of our product and service offerings through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties (“Service Partners”). We and our Service Partners may need to use some PII in order to perform tasks between our respective Platforms, or to deliver products or services to you. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this Platform; release your address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered; and provide order information to third parties that help us provide customer service.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide PII to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Aggregate Information about our customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related Platform information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
5. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information We may, from time to time, send you email regarding new products and services that we feel may interest you. In addition, by registration you indicate that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners. We may occasionally send you direct or electronic mail about products and services that may be of interest to you. Only we (or agents working on behalf of us and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these solicitations. If you do not want to receive solicitations from us, you can “opt-out”.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Platform may not work properly in your case.
6. Security of Your PII At our Platform you can be assured that your PII is secure, consistent with current industry standards. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII. For example:
We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We encrypt all PII, in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us. We also only keep collected information only for as long as reasonably necessary and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Platform.
Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII.
Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
In order to most effectively serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking institutions and processing agents (such as Stripe). They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your payment.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Platform cannot be guaranteed.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us at [email protected]
8. SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES The Platform may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers, and subscribers on these third-party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. If you choose to accessor or make use of third-party social network services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services. The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
9. EUROPEAN UNION USERS Individuals in the EU may have additional rights regarding our use of your personal information under the GDPR. To learn more about your GDPR privacy rights, click here.
10. Miscellaneous You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Platform. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose PII about minor visitors.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, email address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on this Platform, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages (including unwanted spam messages) from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Please consult our Platform Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement for our Platform Conduct policies. www.alexia-clark.com/terms
Copyright © 2017-2022 Alexia-Clark.com
Updated: June 20, 2020